The Woman’s Club was founded in 1891 and is dedicated to enriching the community through the promotion of public welfare, education, civic improvement, historic preservation and the advancement of the arts and culture while fostering good fellowship among its members.
The Club has served as a social, educational and cultural center throughout its history. It is a place where women and men come together, build relationships, and create community through their service activities.
Want to learn more about the heritage of Coconut Grove and founding of the Woman's Club of Coconut Grove? Watch the video created by our Archives Committee to learn more about our Club's connection and influence in the foundation of the community as we know it now and recognize it as the first established city of Miami in 1891.
(Video created by the Woman’s Club of Coconut Grove Archives Team: Karen Cunningham, Sandra Riley, Diana Ramos, and Travis Neff.)
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE GENERAL FEDERATION OF WOMEN'S CLUBS