ENRICHING THE COMMUNITY THROUGH SERVICE.
The mission of the Community Life arm of the Woman’s Club is to enrich the lives of our citizens through service projects and programs that improve the quality of life in our community directly or through collaboration with other organizations.
The committee’s goal is to build bridges of hope in our community through compassionate service and creative collaboration with open arms and caring hearts in friendship to create and uplift a higher quality of life for all in our community. Specific areas of focus include youth guidance, child welfare and health, women’s issues and other community affairs.
The committee is involved with improving and assisting the entire Coconut Grove community. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Coconut Grove Crisis Food Pantry by collecting non-perishable food items for their weekly food baskets.
- Assisting the St. James Baptist Church Feeding and Clothing Ministry by collecting new and gently used clothing, and unopened toiletries for their weekly program for the homeless and less fortunate.
- Assist the Camillus House and other groups with clothing and toiletries.
- Sponsoring the annual Senior Holiday party for senior from the Little Bahamas of Coconut Grove churches, social and civic organizations and agencies, as well as seniors from the area senior housing facilities.
- Contribute holiday greeting cards to our veterans in the area VA Hospital.
- Work with other area groups, such as the Coconut Grove Rotary Club and the Coconut Grove Negro Women’s Club, in community activities.
Meetings are held before the monthly general membership meeting. For more information please contact us at email@example.com .